Nice recipe from my mother. I’ll write more later after i’ve made it again…just found this old recipe.
- 2 cups cooked adzuki beans (1 cup dried)
- 2 TBSP dark sesame oil
- 1/2 cup purple/red onion peeled & diced
- Tamari soy sauce to taste
- 4 cloves garlic -smashed and chopped
- 1/2 cup squash or pumpkin diced
- 2 cups cooled brown rice
- 1 cup leeks
- 2 TBSP sesame seeds - toasted until golden
- Orange Juice
- Heat sesame oil in skillet
- Add onion, soy sauce & garlic. - Saute until translucent (about 2 minutes)
- Place squash, rice & beans on top of onions and garlic.
- Add 2 TBSP water - Cover and reduce heat - Steam until hot.
- Add soy sauce, Orange Juice * Ginger to taste.
Nutritional Information: 271 calories 6.7g Fat 24.1g Protein OR (I'm not sure which of these is right) 7.25g Sugar 9.13g Protein 357 calories 7.6g fat 1g sat fat 67.5 carbs