This is my version of a guacamole recipe taken from an OLD Better Home and Gardens recipe book. There was a section for “great “game” party” recipes, meant for things like the Superbowl, etc. GREAT Guacamole Recipe! For years, I omitted the onion all together, but I think I’m going to start putting in a small amount of finely chopped red onion.
- 2 Ripe Avacados
- 1 tomato diced (Try to de-seed and de-juice it a bit)
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt (original recipe calls for 3/4tsp)
- 3/4 tsp Green Jalapeño Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (pressed or finely chopped)
- Chop avocado into small squares. (I will put up a tutorial on the fast easy way to do this soon and link it)
- Add cumin, salt, Jalapeno sauce, and garlic. (you could add a touch of onion powder if desired)
- Gently mash ingredients in bowl. (do not over-mash. You are not trying to make it creamy- keep it a bit chunky)
- Add the rest of your ingredients and gently stir until uniform.
That’s it! Quick, easy, delicious guacamole.
Serving size 117g (1/4 of recipe)
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories 212 (177 from fat)|
|Total Fat 19.6g||
Saturated Fat 4.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
|Total Carbohydrates 10.2g||3%|
Dietary Fiber 7.1g
Serving size 117g (1/4 of recipe) Amount Per Serving % Daily Value Calories 212 (177 from fat) Total Fat 19.6g 30% Saturated Fat 4.1g 21% Trans Fat 0.0g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 298mg 12% Potassium 518mg 15% Total Carbohydrates 10.2g 3% Dietary Fiber 7.1g 28% Sugars 1.1g Protein 2.1g