There are so many wonderful memories of Aunt Dorothy (AKA Aunt Dot) She was a very sweet, loving woman – soft spoken and positive. I remember going to her house with my mom and grandma. The ladies would all sit around and have tea an cookies. During the holidays, she would always make her famous cookie press cookies. She’d make peanut butter, a basic spritz, and I think the other was similar to a snicker doodle. Well here is the recipe she gave me for the peanut butter. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 Cup Butter or margaine (Aunt Dot uses Margarine)
- 1 Cup breamy peanut butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Egss
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- 1tsp Salt
- First, mix butter and peanut butter
- 2nd add sugars to butter mix
- then vanilla
- Mix Dry ingredients, then spoon into butter
- Bake 8-12 minutes @350 degrees. As soon as edges get golden, take out.