So you’ve decided you want to make wine, and you’re ready to learn the process. Here is a brief overview. We will get into more details in following articles.
Here is the VERY broad overview-
- Sanitize everything
- Add Juice/concentrate + water to your primary fermenter (6 gallon bucket)
- Add yeast
- Wait a week & then transfer to a carboy, leaving the lees (sediment) behind
- wait a couple more weeks, transfer again to a clean carboy
- Test Specific gravity levels, and if ready, add sulfites and a clarifier if you wish.
- Wait for the wine to clear (weeks to months)
- Age & Enjoy.