These muffins are a winner! I made these for a group of omnivores and everyone loved them. If you’re looking for a good, solid WFPB Banana nut muffin recipe, look no further, this is it!
Note: These are better the next day!
See original recipe here.
- 3 large overripe bananas (make sure you have 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 4-4.25oz Oat Flour)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (makes them fluffy and tender. Replace with whole wheat if you don't have this)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Grease muffin pan (or use silicone pan), and preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, break up the bananas and mash with a fork until as smooth as possible. Make sure this measures at least 1-3/4 cups).
- Stir in syrup, milk and vanilla. Stir until well-combined.
- Add dry ingredients to a single bowl and combine. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Do not over-stir. Add chocolate chips and/or walnuts if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Makes 12 large muffins or 24-30 mini muffins. Sprinkle tops with oats and crushed walnuts if you'd like to be fancy...
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch. (Bake mini muffins for about 12 minutes)
- Store in an airtight container.