Connie and I were trying to decide what to do with some extremely brown bananas. My first go-to would be banana nut bread, but with egg, oil and butter, we set out to find another option. Well here it is! We’ve reduced the sugar, eliminated the oil, and there is no dairy. The result – a pretty great banana bread! Enjoy!
- 3 medium bananas, smashed
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 heaping tbsp unsweetened apple sauce (substitute for 8Tbsp Butter & 1 Tbsp milk)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-½ cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1-½ cup raisins (optional)
- Chia Seed Mixture (egg substitute) - 2 tbsp chia seed, 6 tbsp of water - let sit for 15 minutes (until thick), & stir.
Preheat oven to 325-350 (DT’s electric over should be 350)
Mix all ingredients together. Pour mixture in 1 loaf pan.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, or golden brown. We baked for much longer than the 20 minutes, and had to cook some more.